Government of India has released an online portal on January 10, 2020 to prevent crimes related to cybercrime and to file complaints at home .
This is the portal; http://cybercrime.gov.in By
visiting this website, you can file a cyber crime complaint with you sitting at home.
In addition, the Government of India has also issued a free support number , under which you can file your complaint; – 155260
This number is available in the service from 9 am to 6 pm .
When you file a complaint through the portal, you will get a complaint number , along with your complaint will go to the police of the police station area where the incident is mentioned in the complaint and the police station in-charge will take action on your complaint. Have to do it.
If you want, you can check the current status of your complaint online based on the Complan number .
In this portal, you can file two types of complaints. The first is the complaints related to women and children and the second is the general complaint category.
To register a complaint, you must have a mobile number . And you have to provide proof related to the incident like if someone has created a fake account of your Facebook, then its URL , profile picture etc.
It is important to note that if you lodge any false complaint , then you can also be prosecuted under the Indian Penal Code section.
Therefore, do not use it like a toy when you are really in a problem, only then register your complaint on this portal .
How to file a complaint
- Visit the website https://cybercrime.gov.in/ .
- Click on File a complaint
- After that a page will open, you click on I accept .
- If you want to file a complaint of crime against women or children, then click on Report Anonymously and fill all your details that have been asked. And if you are female and also the children want to file a complaint with any other cyber crime is you Report Other Cyber Crime sought by clicking on went all the information and details filled.
- After the complaint is filed, you will get a case crime number or complaint number. You will also be able to know the online status of your complaint, and to what extent the action has been taken in the complaint filed by you.